Monday, December 9, 2013

the cinema theater 01: Frozen, the love story you wouldn't expect

Over the Thanksgiving holidays, I went to see Disney's Frozen with my sister. If you have already seen this movie, then you can guess that seeing this movie with my sister just made it much better than if I had seen it without her.


I didn't know what to expect really when I went to see Frozen. I knew it was about a kingdom that was under some magical power making it permanently winter, like Narnia or something. I knew that the two princesses, Anna and Elsa, were sisters and Elsa had magical winter powers and Anna was on a journey to find her.


What I didn't realize was that this story is about finding love and learning to love and be loved. There's the classic Disney princess problems of needing true love to break a curse, and of betrayal and finding real love. What's different about Frozen is that true love, betrayal, and learning to love can come from anywhere and from anyone. This movie breaks the stereotypes that Disney has made for itself about princess movies.

The music score and cast are also amazing, with Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell as Elsa and Anna. "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?" and "Let It Go" are hands down the two greatest songs from the film.

Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment