Monday, April 22, 2013

a little intro

This is just a little introduction of me to whoever actually reads this, and THANK YOU to you for reading this! It's nice to know that my words get out there to somebody's eyes and ears.

I'm a college student, majoring in Education with a little Art History minor on the side and a bunch of random history and literature courses that don't really add up to anything. I don't really know what I'm gonna do with all that but the basic plan is to become some kind of teacher...eventually. I have many-a hobby, but to save time we'll just leave it at arts appreciation and horses. If you stick around and read some more of my little blurbs, you'll learn more about what arts in specific. I've traveled to seven countries in Europe, but I have only been to a few of the fifty states here in the good old USA. The dream is to visit every state and every continent before this body gives out on me. So far, I'm not doing so great at that but hey it's a start.

So why am I blogging? Well, I have tried blogging before but I could never figure out how to keep it up and I always lost my inspiration for it. The basic reasons are to 1) get me to write more 2) give me a project to keep me motivated and 3) why the heck not? The overarching goal here is to simply force me to write and write often. I really do love to write, I just never give my self ample amount of time to do it. ALSO, a little background to the title of this blog. The phrase "barefoot on a summer night" comes from one of my absolute favorite songs by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes. The song (if you don't know it already) is called Home and not only is it adorable it's super catchy and has fantastic lyrics.

So there it is, a little bit of info about me and why this blog exists. Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment